On 1:01 PM by NY Drs. Urgent Care
Have you ever been told that coffee is bad and that you should switch to green tea or health smoothies or wheat grass juice….
Over the past few years, researchers have discovered that:
- With each additional cup of coffee you drink, your relative risk of developing T2D drops by 7-8 per cent
- Chlorogenic acid and trigonelline found in coffee causes a reduction in your your body’s glucose and insulin responses – helpful for avoiding T2D.
- Moderate coffee consumption is not associated with an increased risk of hypertension, stroke or coronary heart disease.
- Moderate coffee consumption is inversely related to your risk of heart failure
- All in all, coffee looks to have some significant health benefits.
The term "dysplasia" is used to describe abnormal changes in the cells found on the surface of the cervix. Dysplasia may oc...
What is emergency contraception? Emergency contraception, or emergency birth control, is used to help keep a woman from getting pregna...
If you don't already know, October is the month for Breast Cancer Awareness. It's an annual international health campaign organiz...
College may be good for the mind, but it can be tough on your skin. Pizza, breadsticks, ice cream, heavy course loads, and a shift in ...
Most schools are back at it already. This means that the school athletes are back at work too and lots of injuries will soon happen: sprain...
- ► 2014 (11)
- ► 2013 (40)
- ▼ December (6)